Office Manager (MWC)
Location: Miami, Florida
Employment Type: Part-Time
The Miami Workers Center (MWC) is a strategy and action center whose purpose is to build the power and self-determination of south Florida’s most oppressed communities. We employ an intersectional approach linking gender, race, and socio-economic status understanding the contributions and needs of women, girl and femme must be the basis for a social justice agenda. We work to unite and grow the power of low-income Black and Brown folx from some of the most vulnerable neighborhoods of Miami. We fight for good paying jobs, affordable housing, immigrant rights, the protection of domestic workers and victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse.
The Office Manager is responsible for providing administrative services and operations support for MWC. The Office Manager will lead in directing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This position reports to the Executive Director
- Act as point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping supplies equipment and errands.
- Act as a gatekeeper of the office and provide general support to visitors.
- Manage office calendars by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Provide support to Executive Director as necessary with travel and meeting logistics.
- Plan and execute organizational and program meetings and events, which includes but is not limited to details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, managing invitee list, special guests, equipment, etc.
- Problem-solve and assist all staff, volunteers and guests with computer use, server files, internet connections
- Respond to requests from staff and members to use appropriate forms, supplies, procedures, travel and logistics
- Manage relationships with building management, vendors, & service providers
- Maintains office efficiency by overseeing office systems and procedures, and coordinating internal communications, and equipment procedures
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of organizational and program events
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicant must share a commitment to the organization's mission
- The ideal candidate is a highly organized and detail oriented with a high level of training and expertise in office procedures, clerical duties and interpersonal skills.
- Individual must share a commitment to the organization's mission; Advanced education/training preferred.
- The ideal candidate has 2 years of proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook Calendar, Excel and Microsoft Office; other miscellaneous data bases as required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to prepare effective correspondence with regards to routine matters.
- Ability to maintain the utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, according to goals of the organization.
- Ability to interact with and understanding of persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, and vacation for full-time employees.